Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lesson Presentation

Today, Melissa and I gave our lesson plan presentation. It went better than I had expected and there's definitely some changes I want to make for this lesson after doing it.
I think with using technology for a lesson plan, you should always expect something to go wrong. For us, it was the worksheets and how students were getting frustrated that their answers kept disappearing after they go to the next question.
I think we needed some better time management because we ended much earlier than we thought and in the end, it was kind of trying to kill some time by asking basic questions of comparison. When we timed out the lesson, we thought it would leave us exactly 5 minutes to quickly compare one or two images.

Another thing was how quickly students finished. I think some of them had to do another one because they had time to. One thing we did not think about was how to preview the memes that the students created before putting it up. I think when we pulled up some images, there was one inappropriate meme and it was too late because everyone had seen it. I went to the student and told her that that it was inappropriate. But I think if it was a real high school class, it would have been really bad.
I guess thats whats hard about this lesson, its that you're giving the students freedom to write a slogan about an issue that they are interested in but it's kind of hard to censor them.

Overall, I think the lesson went great and I would modify this lesson plan to make it better for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment